Incorporated non-profit organizations and registered charities for associated events, programs, activities, and fundraisers in the following sectors are eligible.
Children and Youth
We invest in local programs, activities and events that nurture creativity, participation and a sense of community in our young people.
Health and Wellness
To enhance the well-being of our citizens, we support locally-based health organizations whose funds stay in Northern Ontario.
We fund vital programs and services that provide support and build caring communities in Northern Ontario.
Sporting Teams and Events
Promoting a healthy lifestyle, participation and enthusiasm are an important part of a vibrant community. And, it’s just plain fun to cheer for the home team!
Arts and Heritage
We help foster a dynamic arts, culture and heritage infrastructure throughout Northern Ontario that enhances quality of life and is appreciated by people of all ages and backgrounds.
We fund programs that are aimed at real needs, real skills and real benefits to students and the broader community.
Tbaytel employees volunteer and give generously to raise funds for the United Way through the Annual Employee Giving Campaign and through organized fundraising events. Organizations funded by the United Way who request Tbaytel support may not receive the same priority as other requests.
The following are NOT eligible for support:
Organizations in a deficit situation
Travel and accommodation expenses
Individual applicants or team members
Political parties or candidates
Private clubs or foundations
Private or personal events (i.e. shags, retirements)
Private and public schools including daycare centers, pre-school, elementary, secondary schools, and student organizations
Organizations or programs whose operations and activities directly benefit residents outside of Canada and do not benefit any end-users within Canada
Qualify for Support
Qualify for Support
Support is provided to organizations through a review process. Demonstration of the following criteria is required for support:
- Objectives are clear and align with the goals of Tbaytel’s
- Corporate Giving program
- Organization is financially sound, well-managed and carries out all activities within Tbaytel’s serving territory
- Event or organization has a demonstrated need within the community
- A proven ability to raise additional funds and support in the community
- Demonstrated experience or expertise in planning and holding events of similar scope or magnitude
- A proven ability to secure and reach a large audience
- Compatible target market and audience composition
- Access to paid and unpaid media to support efforts
- Provide a detailed outline of the event, activities or group initiatives
- Provide a comprehensive plan to include Tbaytel in advertising and other marketing activities
Where applicable, benefits to Tbaytel should include but aren’t limited to:
- Media coverage and advertising
- Category exclusivity
- Opportunities to showcase products and services – interactive and static
- Access to networking opportunities
- Passes/tickets/registration to event or program
Community Sponsorships – Apply
Applications will be accepted throughout the year. Please provide as much lead-time as possible. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application upon completion of Tbaytel’s review.